What is the best way to name a URL on a site?
The current best practice for naming a URL is to separate the words by hyphens. This helps the crawlers to read each word separately, and will help to increase the SEO for your targeted keywords. When Google offers guidelines it’s best to pay attention!
How NOT to name a URL:
- Don’t separate your URL keywords with spaces
- Don’t separate your URL keywords with plus “+” signs
- Don’t separate your URL keywords with underscores “_”
Best Practices to naming URLs:
- Do separate most important keywords with hyphens “-”
- Use no more than 3 hyphens, so you don’t appear to be spamming the SE’s
- Use the most important keywords only, skip the articles (and, the, but, with)
These simple guidelines should help to give a slight boost to some of your pages! Have fun SEO’ing
Get SEO help for your site.